When you work out an average of 6 days a week, finding cute and affordable workout clothes becomes a priority. Learn why Old Navy has become my favorite brand to purchase good quality workout clothes from at an affordable price.
*This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Find my full disclosure policy, here.
Working out. The two words that I love to hate. I have such a dysfunctional relationship with it.
On the one hand, it takes every morsel of motivation in my body to get out of bed in the morning and work out. While on the flip side, once I’ve finished my daily sweat-session, I’m super proud of myself and feel like a million bucks.
See what I mean…I love to hate working out! Please tell me I’m not alone here.
Back when we lived in the Tampa-area, we used to work out at a gym nearby a few days a week. With Patrick’s demanding schedule, however, it became more of a hassle than anything else to get to the local gym.
Working out at home became the answer to our problems and we’ve been doing it ever since. Patrick and I have been working out doing Beachbody programs for years now. And just recently, our son Zach, decided to join in the
It’s a full family affair and I honestly have the two best accountability partners ever. Which they like to jokingly tease me about because I’m actually a Beachbody coach (If you want more information let me know!), yet they’re the ones always having to motivate me to work out.
I will say, though, that I definitely bring it to every workout and push myself to the max while working out. That’s where I tend to shine and what I bring to the table. We all have our strong suits, right?!
Despite the fact that we never leave the house, I still try to look cute when I’m working out. Most importantly though, I like wearing cute workout clothes that are good quality and don’t cost a fortune.
I’ll admit, I do love looking around at Lululemon and Athleta whenever I’m at the mall but I tend to leave the stores empty-handed. I struggle to find items to purchase because A) They don’t fit me well or B) They cost more than an entire monthly Stitch Fix box!
In full transparency, I do splurge on my sports bras from time to time and get them from Lululemon. I also have a couple of tops from there as well. As far as Athleta is concerned, I don’t own a single item from their stores.
But when it comes to my tried and true workout pieces, I will go down in writing and declare that the best workout clothes for women are found at Old Navy. Practically every single pair of compression leggings or crop leggings I have were bought at Old Navy. And the workout tops I wear on a daily basis, yep…they too were bought at Old Navy.
Why do I love Old Navy for cute and affordable workout clothes?
- Their workout clothes are always discounted. You can always find a sale or coupon to use when purchasing your workout clothes from Old Navy. I have never paid full price for anything I’ve bought from their stores. If there is no deal, I will hold out a week or so until one comes up. I promise they are on sale, often!
- Old Navy compression leggings and crop leggings are the only pants that I can wear that don’t fall down while I’m working out. There’s nothing more annoying than having to stop in the middle of your workout to pull up pants. I never, ever have to worry about this happening with Old Navy leggings. And my workouts are all high-intensity with tons of jumping and up-and-down movements.
- Also on the topic of Old Navy leggings, I’ve never had a pair that didn’t pass the squat test. Have you heard of the squat test before? It’s when you stand in front of a mirror, do a squat and check to see if your underwear or backside shows through your leggings. You’d be surprised how often that actually happens to people and they have no idea. Rest assured, you won’t run into that problem with Old Navy workout clothes for women.
- Old Navy changes the patterns and colors of all their workout clothes with the seasons. I love how this allows you to be fashionable in the season even with your workout clothes. You can always find signature colors like black, white, and gray throughout all the seasons too. I like having basic pieces like black leggings or white tops that can interchange with more seasonal colors.
- You can find leggings and crop leggings in regular, petite, and tall lengths. Not all these sizes are readily available in store but you can special order them for free in stores or purchase them online. Being 5 feet even in terms of my height, I enjoy having the petite length as an option when it comes to my leggings. *Note: I’ve found that the ⅞-length leggings fit perfectly for me as full-length leggings too!
Here are some of my favorite Old Navy workout clothes for women. Although I might not have the exact pattern or color of all the items below, I do have a similar piece to everything I’m linking. Many of my current items were purchased long ago, seriously these clothes last many years, so I couldn’t find the exact items for you. I did my best to find workout clothes that were the same cut and style though.
I’m a huge fan of high-waisted leggings. I love how they suck everything in and hold your tummy in place. The high-waist also helps keep your leggings up so you don’t lose them as you go down for your burpees. As I already stated above, I found that the ⅞-length for leggings works well for shorter girls like me and fit like regular full-length leggings. If you aren’t vertically challenged like I am, go for the regular length leggings or special order the tall variety.
I love the cute tops from Old Navy! I especially love the mesh back tops that they carry because the shirts are so breathable. Old Navy also has more trendy workout tops like the ones that tie in the back. My only warning with those varieties of tops is they don’t work well when doing any workouts that require you to be on your back. The knot digs into your lower back area and it can be pretty uncomfortable. Just a little heads up for ya! I still own a few but wear them on days I know I won’t be doing any work laying on the ground.
Just because I want to be thorough, here are the links to my favorite Lululemon sports bras and Nike sneakers that I wear every day while working out. Although these are on the pricer side, I do feel it’s worth the splurge for good “booby support” and comfy sneaks!
A little tip to help off-set the cost of these two pricer items is to shop pieces that go on clearance because of an outdated color or model. I have many Lululemon sports bras in seasonal colors that I got at the outlet stores because they were no longer in fashion due to a season change. The same is true in terms of my Nike sneakers. I have purchased almost all my sneakers from the outlets too!
Who knew Old Navy would win the prize for having the best cute and affordable workout clothes for women! I was just as surprised as you, but now that I know this fun fact I’ll never pay $100 for a pair of workout leggings again. Tell me, where do you get your workout clothes from?
Want to remember this? Post these Cute and Affordable Workout Clothes for Women to your favorite Pinterest board!
WELCOME TO THE WEDNESDAY LINK PARTY! MEET YOUR HOSTS:
Jaclyn from Coffee, Pancakes, and Dreams
Brittany from Dreams and Coffee
Mary Leigh from Live Well Play Together
Tiffany from Lake Life State of Mind
Lindsay from Lindsay’s Sweet World
Keri from Cultivate an Intentional Life
Holley from Simply Holley Marie