Looking for a delicious dessert that can easily feed a crowd and be prepared in ten minutes or less? Try this Easy 3 Ingredient Cream Puff Trifle, today! With Cool Whip, chocolate-covered cream puffs, and a little chocolate syrup, you and your guests will be doing a happy dance at your next gathering.
It’s dessert time, my friends! I’m jumping for joy over here because dessert is my favorite meal of the day. If it were the only meal of the day, I’d be an even happier camper. All the will power I have to not overindulge goes out the window when I come face to face with a sweet delight. So sad, yet so true!
Are you a sweets person? Or are savory foods more your thing?
“The Boys” in my house are the latter of the two. Give them a steak with blue cheese butter and they’re so content you can hear a pin drop during dinner time. Maybe it’s a boy thing…who knows!
When it comes to making desserts at home, I must admit I have a tiny bit of a crush on trifles. I personally think they are the perfect dessert for so many reasons.
- The presentation is beautiful!
- Trifle bowls hold a ton so they are easy to feed a crowd.
- Most trifles can be made ahead of time so they are easy desserts to make for entertaining.
- There is no need for cutting perfect slices like you would for a cake or pie. You simply throw a large serving spoon in the trifle bowl and let everyone go to town.
If you’ve never made a trifle before, this is a great one to start with. With just 3 ingredients, you can literally whip it up in ten minutes or less, minus the little bit of time it takes you to thaw your Cool Whip and chocolate-covered cream puffs.
I am all about making things easy so I use the frozen Cool Whip and cream puffs you find in the frozen food section of your grocery store. If you have an amazing recipe to make your own Cool Whip and cream puffs, be my guest and knock yourself out. I only have one request, though. Please let me know when you make it so I can stop by for a bite!
So what do I need to make this Easy 3 Ingredient Cream Puff Trifle?
1 large (16 oz.) container of Cool Whip (thawed), 2 (14.1 oz) containers of Belgian Mini Chocolate Dipped Cream Puffs (thawed), chocolate syrup
Begin by taking your chocolate syrup and swirling it around your trifle bowl. This is purely for decoration but I personally think it looks pretty and adds a little something special to your trifle. I just love how the chocolate syrup oozes down the side of the bowl. Feel free to swap out the chocolate syrup for caramel or strawberry syrup instead. You can even go really wild and use all three!
Next, using two forks, drop a chocolate-covered cream puff into the Cool Whip and completely cover it with the whipped topping. You’ll want it to look like so.
Drop the Cool Whip covered cream puff into the trifle bowl and move on to the next one. Add it to the bowl.
You’ll continue covering cream puffs with Cool Whip until all 60 of them have made their way into the trifle bowl. Yes, I said 60!
Finally, grab your chocolate syrup and decorate the top of your trifle.
Cover your trifle and place it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
As I mentioned earlier, most trifles can be made ahead of time and this one is no exception. Make it the night before your next gathering or event and place the trifle in the fridge until it’s time to party. Don’t be surprised if it disappears instantly. It truly is that good!
I promise you from experience that people will be raving over this dessert and asking you for the recipe. At that point, you’ll have two options. Option 1 is to give them the recipe and tell them how easy it was to make. Option 2 is to pretend how hard it was to make and keep the secret of this yummy dessert to yourself. I’ll leave the choice up to you. My lips are sealed either way!
This Easy 3 Ingredient Cream Puff Trifle is an ideal dessert to keep in your arsenal of recipes. It really gives you a big bang for your buck! Don’t forget to print this one off or save it on Pinterest to have handy when you’re looking for an amazing recipe that’s super simple to prepare. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 large (16 oz.) container of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 2 (14.1 oz) containers of Belgian Mini Chocolate Dipped Cream Puffs (thawed)
- chocolate syrup
- Begin by taking your chocolate syrup and swirling it around your trifle bowl.
- Next, using two forks, drop a chocolate-covered cream puff into the Cool Whip and completely cover it with the whipped topping.
- Drop the Cool Whip covered cream puff into the trifle bowl and move on to the next one. Add it to the bowl.
- You’ll continue covering cream puffs with Cool Whip until all 60 of them have made their way into the trifle bowl.
- Finally, grab your chocolate syrup and decorate the top of your trifle.
- Cover your trifle and place it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Want to remember this? Post this recipe for Easy 3 Ingredient Cream Puff Trifle to your favorite Pinterest board!